Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So it's 2010

You know, it's nice to have my own little corner of the web, perhaps one day in the distant future someone will read this and ponder for just one moment what my life may have been like....
Why am I philosophising in this manner you may ask?

Well it was my birthday recently, now Jesus and I share the same birthday, Dec. 25. I know most educated individuals might not believe that on that exact day angels heralded in the babe in a manger in Bethlehem, but it is the day that Christians celebrate this wondrous event. I am pretty sure that my mum heralded in my birth with thoughts of what have I done?

My mum always tried to separate my Christmas presents from birthday gifts by giving them to me at different times of the day, but through the years, the gifts have melded together and become less important to me than just being surrounded by my friends and family; yet now, a 6 hour plane trip from home meant that my usually large co-hort of birthday revellers were nowhere to be seen, and for the first time in as many years as I care to remember I was focused more intently on the gift giving and recieving portion of the day.

I know this makes me shallow, and alas christmas morning I was deep as a puddle, yet for some reason revelling in my opened boxes and ripped wrapping paper junkie high...

And now a few weeks later, like the P using teens frequenting K road the morning after, I am on a comedown. The shiny toys which once held my fascination are somewhat devalued when compared with the VISA statement.

Maybe this year the best gift may be airfare :)

1 comment:

  1. Dude,

    long time no see. Looking good over there. How is the build going?? or is that a NZ thing??

    How's perth??

    look forward to reading updates as you get time

    ReplyDelete